Our Activities

Department of English - MSHSS Pathanamthitta

“ The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind.”

   National Service Scheme (N.S.S)

To develop the attitude for social service and also to introduce the ideals of discipline,character formation,leadership etc. NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME(NSS) unit under The Kerala Higher secondary directorate is functioning in MSHSS for the last 12 years. A total of 100 volunteers from 10 batches are selected yearly. Eligible students on the successful completion is awarded grace marks . Unit is headed by Smt.Shamla.s.s as Programme Officer and Sri. Linoj Varghese as Teacher in charge.

   National Cadet Corps (N.C.C)

The National Cadet Corps is a voluntary organisation which recruits cadets from educational institutions. The school has an active unit with 10 cadets which is attached to St.Thomas College Ranni for the last 8 years, with its coordinators Sri.Tony Jacob and Smt.Susan George.


In the present changing social scenario ,we find lots of students facing several physical and mental problems and are harassed by the society. Realising this ,The Higher secondary department launched the souhrida club in 2011 for making the teachers to maintain and create a rapport with students who open their minds and take remedial measures in making them secure. Smt.Sumamoni joseph is the teacher coordinator.


On behalf of the Higher secondary department, a Career Guidance and Adolescent Counselling Cell was introduced as the part of curriculum with its aim in providing better opportunities and also to promote their innate talents. orientation classes are conducted for students of science,commerce and humanities stream. Students are selected to programmes like PATHFINDER,SITAR,SMILE,WALK WITH EMINENCE,CIVIL SERVICE COUCHING CLASSES etc. Smt. Sheeja Gopinath is working as teacher coordinator.

   Additional Skill Acquisition Program (ASAP)

Additional Skill Acquisition Program conducted by Higher secondary dept.and General education dept. for plus one students enables them to acquire a job skill in their interested areas along with their education. On the completion of the course a certificate by the Technical Education Dpt. along with training service is provided to the students.This certificate eligible them for jobs in their chosen areas.Started in 2015 25 students of first batch have successfully completed their course.The internship in their respective areas will be provided after plus two exam. Smt.Tittymol Augustine is working as the teacher coordinator.


Through the programme Nallapadam flagged off by the Malayala Manorama, our school is playing a major role in making students to realise humanity. Students provide financial aid and alms to the needy.


Until the middle of the 19th century, there were no organized and/or well-established army nursing systems for casualties and no safe and protected institutions to accommodate and treat those who were wounded on the battlefield. In June 1859, the Swiss businessman Jean-Henri Dunant traveled to Italy to meet French emperor Napoléon III with the intention of discussing difficulties in conducting business in Algeria, at that time occupied by France. When he arrived in the small town of Solferino on the evening of June 24, he toured the field of the Battle of Solferino, an engagement in the Austro-Sardinian War. In a single day, about 40,000 soldiers on both sides died or were left wounded on the field. Jean-Henri Dunant was shocked by the terrible aftermath of the battle, the suffering of the wounded soldiers, and the near-total lack of medical attendance and basic care.


Scouting was officially founded in British India in 1909, first starting at the Bishop Cotton Boys' School in Bangalore. Scouting for native Indians was started by Justice Vivian Bose, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya, Pandit Hridayanath Kunzru, Girija Shankar Bajpai, Annie Besant and George Arundale, in 1913. Prior to this date, Scouting was open only for British and foreign Scouts. In 1916, a Cub section was started, followed by the Rover section in 1918.

Glimpses of the School View all Photos